All user interactions go through the integration layer and the security and business logic of the business model.
Model Description Language UI elements
Application Structural Elements
- Portal - Declares the structure of a portal application. Model Server serves the application at
- Workspace - Declares the UI content, layout, and behavior for an application workspace/feature.
Behavioral Structural Elements -
- Dialogs - Dialogs are similar to Portlets, but are specifically used for creating, editing, and presenting information in a transactional, rather than informational way.
- Pickers - Pickers provide a consistent user experience for selecting associated objects.
Portlet Definition Elements
- Portlets - Portlets are the basic UI building blocks of an application.
- Layouts - Layouts contain user interface controls which display data for viewing, editing, and querying.
- Controls - Custom Control Definition.
There are also behavioral elements including:
You may also hear mention of:
- Applications - A presentation layer application. Deprecated. Application has been replaced with Portal in 9.x+
- Screens - Screens group forms together visually and functionally. It represents one piece of functionality within an application.
- Forms - Same as above but uses different properties and content. Deprecated.
- Stylesheets - Stylesheets contain a set of styles to apply to user interface elements.
- External Reports - A Pixel Perfect Report built using the Jasper Reporting Engine. Deprecated.
These are elements of the "Classic" client framework and are deprecated.