Add an attachment to a step in a business process template when you want to provide a document or image to users who view the step.
Before starting this task, ensure that you have deactivated the business process template. You cannot modify active templates.
To add an attachment to a step:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Business Processes tab, select the template in which you want to add an attachment.
- In the Steps subtab, click the Edit button .
The Edit Business Process Steps dialog opens.
- Select the step to which you want to add an attachment, then click the Edit button .
The Edit Business Process Step dialog opens.
- In the Attachments tab, in the Document Manager Items area, click the Select button .
The Select Document dialog opens.
- In the list in the Documents area, select the document that you want to attach. To search for a document, enter the name of the document in the Search field, then click Find. To display documents only from a specific directory in the Document Manager, in the Folder field, click the Select button , then select a folder and click OK. Click Find to filter the list.
The details for the selected document appear in the Details area and a preview appears in the Attachments area.
- Click OK to save your selection.
The Select Document dialog closes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the step.
The Edit Business Process Step dialog closes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the business process template.
The Edit Business Process Steps dialog closes.
You have added an attachment to the step in the business process template. The next time that a user runs and submits this business process, the attachment will be included when the step is assigned. If the attachment is a merge document, it will populate with information from the contact, company, opportunity, or service request record, or the submitted form when the user prints it.