Delete an attachment from a step in a business process template when you no longer want to provide the attachment to users who view the step.
Before starting this task, ensure that you have deactivated the business process template. You cannot modify active templates.
To delete an attachment from a step:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Business Processes tab, select the template in which you want to delete an attachment.
- In the Steps subtab, click the Edit button .
The Edit Business Process Steps dialog opens.
- Select the step from which you want to delete an attachment, then click the Edit button .
The Edit Business Process Step dialog opens.
- Click the Attachments subtab.
The Document Manager Items and Attachments areas are displayed.
- In the Document Manager Items area, click the Action button for the attachment that you want to delete, then select Delete.
A confirmation dialog opens, asking you to confirm that you want to delete the attachment.
- Click Delete.
The confirmation dialog closes and the attachment is removed from the list.
- Click OK to save your changes to the step.
The Edit Business Process Step dialog closes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the business process template.
The Edit Business Process Steps dialog closes.
You have deleted the attachment from the step in the business process template. The next time that a user runs and submits this business process, the attachment will not be included when the step is assigned.