Add a rule by defining the rule name and evaluation triggers. After you create the rule, define rule criteria and actions.
To add a rule:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace and select the Rules tab.
- In the Configuration subtab, in the rules list on the left of the workspace, click the Add Rule button and select the subject area to which the rule applies.
For example, select Schedule Item.
The Add Rule dialog opens.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the notification rule.
- In Evaluate On, select the type of actions that will trigger the rule. To trigger a rule when an object is:
- Created for the subject area, select Creation only.
- Changed for the subject area, select Modification only.
- Created or changed for the subject area, select Creation and modification.
In Status, select Active to activate the rule.
Only active rules are evaluated when the rule set is triggered.
You should set the status to Inactive until you have defined rule criteria and settings, and have tested the rule.
- Click OK.
The Add Rule dialog closes.
The rule displays in the list of rules.
Next, define the criteria and actions for the rule.