Use NexJ CRM to import contacts from a legacy system and merge them with your current database.
This process involves the following steps:
- Create an import package. This ZIP file contains the legacy data in comma-separated values (CSV) files and mapping files, which map the legacy data to your current database. For more information, see Creating import packages.
- Import the data in the import package to a staging server. For more information, see Importing contact packages.
- Review the imported data. You can edit or delete imported contacts at this stage. For more information, see Reviewing imported contact data.
- Review suggested matches between the imported data and your existing database records. For more information, see Reviewing match results and processing staged contacts.
- Process the reviewed data to integrate it with the data in your current database. You can create a new contact, delete a staged contact, or merge current and staged data for a contact. For more information, see Processing staged contacts.
- Complete the import process. For more information, see Completing the import.
You can import contacts by navigating to the contacts panel in the Contacts workspace, clicking the Options button , selecting Import, and selecting the required import option. Ensure that any users who want to use the contact import functionality in NexJ CRM have the ImportProcessView and ImportProcessManage privileges.