Use the Import Data tool in the Leads workspace to import lead data from an import package or from a CSV file into NexJ CRM.
In order to successfully import your data, you must have a properly formatted CSV file or import package. See Preparing lead import CSV files and Creating import packages for instructions on creating these.
To import a lead package:
- Navigate to the Leads workspace and click the Options button in the leads panel.
- Select Import Data.
The Import Leads dialog opens, allowing you to specify the details of the import.
- In the Import Leads dialog, specify the details of the import:
- In the Select the file to load field, use the Browse button to specify the CSV or ZIP file that contains the data you want to import.
- From the drop-down menu, specify the source type of the leads.
- Provide a name for the set of leads. This name will appear in reports on the progress of the import, and will be used to differentiate this import from other imports you might be working on at the same time.
- Using the selection tool, specify the person to whom the leads should be assigned. By default, the package will be imported for you. Depending on your security settings, this value might limit which existing contacts are used for matching with imported leads. Only existing contacts to which the user has access will be used for matching.
- If you want to be notified when the import is complete, ensure that the Notify me when leads have been processed option is selected. If you do not want to be notified, clear the option.
- Click OK.
The dialog closes and the data is transferred into a queue for import. You will receive a notification when the import is complete.
If the import fails, click the View button on the notification dialog to review the error log. Only the first 500 errors are included in the log. Correct these errors and import the package again.
If you want to view the status of this, or any other import, click the Options button and select View Imports. The Import Processes dialog displays a list of all import jobs.