Your legacy contact data must be in CSV format before it can be imported into NexJ CRM. Depending on your legacy contact-management system, you might have one large CSV file containing all the data or several CSV files, one CSV file for each table you export. The first row in each file must be a header row, which contains the names of the columns.
Using your old contact management system, export the data from existing legacy system into CSV format. The exact directions for creating the CSV files vary depending on your legacy contact-management system. You might need to export the data into Microsoft Excel and then save the Excel files as CSV files.
Creating CSV files using Microsoft Excel 2010
Before you generate CSV files, verify that you have an empty directory for storing these files on your file system and note its location.
To verify that you have an empty directory:
- In Microsoft Excel 2010, in the File menu, select Open.
- Browse to the file with your exported data and click Open.
- Review the data to ensure it is still consistent and correct.
- In the File menu, click Save As.
- Navigate to the directory you want to use.
- In the File name field, enter the name for the CSV file.
- In the Save as type menu, select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Click Save.
Excel saves your file in CSV format to the specified location. If your contact data appears across several worksheets, repeat the process to create a CSV file for each worksheet.