Manage the flow of a form to specify the order in which pages display for users.
You create a flow using a graphical interface to place nodes and draw connections in a diagram that specifies the order in which form pages display for users.
In the flow diagram, you place page nodes that represent individual pages from the form. You can specify a flow with a single page or many pages. When you specify a flow with more than one page, you draw connections between the page nodes to direct the form from one page to the next.
You can add decision nodes to the flow diagram to create a conditional branch between pages. The node directs the form to one page or another depending on the answers to branch conditions that you specify in the node.
Ensure that you have deactivated the template. You cannot modify active templates. You must specify a flow for pages to display in a form. If you do not specify a flow, you will receive an error when you try to activate the template.
To manage the flow of a form:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Business Processes , Call Management , or Lead Management tab, select the template in which you want to add or edit a flow. If you selected a business process template, select the Form subtab.
- Select the Flow tab. The flow area and the available flow components are displayed.
- Add pages nodes, decision nodes, and connections to specify the flow.
- [Optional] To add field controls to manage the flow of questions within a page:
- In the Form subtab, click Pages.
- Click the Edit button for the page that has the questions you want to add field controls to. The Edit Page dialog opens.
- In the Sections area, select the section that has the questions you want to add field controls to. The existing questions in the section are displayed in the Questions area.
- Edit questions to add or remove field controls.
The flow of the form is specified.
Form flow example
The following diagram shows an example of the flow for a form.