Add questions to a page to specify the fields that a user can fill out in the form.
Ensure that you have deactivated the template. You cannot modify active templates.
To add a question:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Business Processes, Call Management, or Lead Management tab, navigate to the Pages tab, click the Edit button for the page in which you want to add a question. The Edit Page dialog opens.
- In the Sections area, select the section in which you want to add a question. A list of all questions in the section is displayed in the Questions area.
- In the Questions area, click the Add button and select the type of question that you want to add. The Add Question dialog opens.
In the Body and Label fields, enter a name or description for the question.Text entered in the Body field is displayed above the question's answer field. Text entered in the Label field is displayed beside the answer field.
You can add tokens in the Body and Label fields. A token is used to insert the value of a field associated with a contact, company, or opportunity.
- [Optional] In the Index field, enter an index number or letter for the question. For example, you might want to number your questions 1, 2, 3, and so on.
- [Optional] Select the Required checkbox if you want to make the question mandatory. Mandatory questions must be answered in order to submit the form.
- [Optional] Select Click here to set question image if you want to add an image to the question. Images are displayed below the body text, above the answer field.
In the Reference Name field, enter a name that can be used to reference the question in merge fields and field controls.
The value selected in the Bound to field automatically populates the Reference Name field, however, you can choose to change the name if desired.
The name that you enter must be unique within the page, and can contain only alphanumeric characters and underscores.
- Some types of questions, such as Drop-down Selection, require you to create answer options that the user chooses from. To add answers to applicable question types:
- In the Answers area, click the Add button . An answer option field appears.
- In the field, enter the desired label for the answer.
- [Optional] You can also enter conditional text that will be displayed only if this answer is selected. In the Conditional Caption field, enter the text that you want to appear.
- Click Save and Close to save the question. The Add Question dialog closes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the page. The Edit Page dialog closes.
The question is added to the page.