You can group related questions together in a form. Grouped questions indent and display closer together than questions that are not grouped.
Ensure that you have deactivated the template. You cannot modify active templates.
You select the Grouped checkbox for a question to group it with the closest prior question for which the Grouped checkbox is cleared. When you select the Grouped checkbox for consecutive questions, they are all grouped together with the closest prior question for which the checkbox is cleared.
For example, in your form you want to create a group of checkboxes in which the user selects one or more areas of interest for their client's investments. First you add a Label question called Areas of Interest. Then you add three Checkbox questions called Finance, Health Care, and Technology. For each Checkbox question, you select the Grouped option.
When a user views the form, the Checkbox questions display inline below the Label question, and are spaced more closely to it. Single-line Text questions would instead be indented with respect to the Label question.
To group questions:
- In the business process or call script template, edit the page in which you want to group questions.
The Edit Page dialog opens.
- In the Sections area, select the section in which you want to group questions.
A list of all questions in the section displays in the Questions area.
- Click the Edit button for the question that you want to add to the group. The Edit Question dialog opens.
- [Optional] Select the Grouped checkbox. Click Save and Close to save your changes the question. The Edit Question dialog closes.
Repeat steps 3 to 5 for each question that you want to add to the group.
- When you are finished grouping questions, click OK to save your changes to the page. The Edit Page dialog closes.
The questions are grouped.