NexJ's applications and development environment have hardware and software which is required before installation, as well as software which is supported for integration with NexJ.
To determine the exact requirements and supported platforms for your NexJ software release, refer to the relevant version of the Release Notes document.
NexJ Model Engine
NexJ Server is designed to work with the following operating systems, databases, and application server containers.
Each release of the product is comprehensively tested and certified on a number of configurations, which are detailed in the release notes for that release. If you need certification for a configuration that is not listed, contact your NexJ representative to discuss your requirements.
Software and hardware mentioned in this document may have its own additional requirements. Work with your NexJ representative to ensure that all such requirements are met prior to installing and running NexJ components.
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- IBM AIX
- Microsoft Windows
- Oracle Solaris
Application server containers
- IBM WebSphere Application Server
- NexJ Server
- Apache HTTP Server
- IBM HTTP Server (IHS)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- IBM DB2
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
In addition, SAP Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise and PostgreSQL are supported as data sources for integration purposes. Using SAP Sybase ASE or PostgreSQL as the main system data source for NexJ Customer Relationship Management is currently not supported.
- Microsoft Exchange Server
Ad Hoc reports server
- TIBCO JasperReports Server
NexJ Studio minimum requirements
Your system must meet the following requirements to be able to install and use NexJ Studio.
To determine the exact requirements for your version of NexJ Studio, see the relevant version of the Release Notes document for your product.
- Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 10
The 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system is recommended.
Minimum hardware requirements
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB or higher recommended)
- 2 GB free disk space for each workspace
- JDK 6
- JRE 6
- JRE 7
- JRE 8
NexJ Customer Relationship Management user interface minimum requirements
To run the user interface to NexJ CRM, the end user's workstation must meet the following requirements.
To determine the exact requirements for your version of NexJ CRM user interface, see the relevant version of the Release Notes document for your product.
Recommended workstation specifications
Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7
6 GB RAM or higher
- 1920 x 1080 (desktop)
- 1600 x 900 (laptop)
For optimal NexJ CRM performance and appearance, use the following recommended configuration:
- Set Windows display resolution to 96 DPI (100%)
- Set your browser zoom level to 100%
Other display configurations may not be supported.
Minimum required workstation specifications
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz
4 GB RAM
1280 x 1024
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
When using Microsoft Internet Explorer, ensure that the Enable native XMLHTTP support option is selected. This option is set in the Security section of the Advanced tab in the Internet Options dialog.
When using Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and higher, the Render legacy filters option must be enabled for your security zone to ensure that dashboard charts display correctly. This option is set in the security level settings in the Security tab in the Internet Options dialog.
NexJ CRM supports standards mode for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
- Current version of Mozilla Firefox (latest tested release is 57.0.2)
- Current version of Google Chrome (latest tested release is 62.0.3202.94)
- Current version of Apple Safari - supported only on Mac OS (latest tested release is 11.0.1)
Additional software requirements
The following additional software is required in order to make use of specific supplementary functions and features:
- A PDF viewer application, such as Adobe Reader, to view PDF documents and to generate attachment previews.
- Microsoft Office to view Microsoft supported documents.
- Microsoft Outlook to use NexJ Outlook Add-In feature included with NexJ Add-In for Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Word to generate and edit documents for use with the NexJ Mail Merge feature included with NexJ Add-In for Microsoft Office.