Coverage is a method for assigning users or groups of users to be responsible for specific clients, opportunities, or events.
The Coverage page enables you to create and manage client coverage groups, assign coverage roles to different coverage group types, assign default client coverage and opportunity coverage roles to users, and configure coverage inheritance.
Coverage groups for clients, events, and opportunities are distinct groups. For example, a user can have different roles in a client coverage group and an opportunity coverage group. The roles that are available to a user may also differ from one coverage group to another. A coverage role is the role assigned to a user when covering a client or an opportunity.
The Coverage page enables you to add and configure client coverage groups, and assign roles to client, event, and opportunity coverage group types. You can also assign default coverage roles to users for client and opportunity coverage, and configure coverage inheritance.
A business administrator can configure event and opportunity coverage groups on the Customize workspace in NexJ CRM.
The Coverage page has four main tabs:
The Coverage Groups tab enables you to add, delete, and change the membership of client coverage groups. This tab contains:
- The coverage group list on the left, which displays a list of all client coverage groups.
- The Detail area on the right, which displays the team's name, type, and the Coverage Group Members list.
The Coverage Roles tab enables you to manage the roles available for client, event, and opportunity coverage groups. This tab contains:
- The Client Coverage Roles list, which displays the roles available to users who cover clients.
- The Event Coverage Roles list, which displays the roles available to users who cover clients for events.
- The Opportunity Coverage Roles list, which displays the roles available to users who cover opportunities.
The Default Roles tab enables configuring default client coverage and opportunity coverage roles for users. You can also configure the default business lines and regions that users can belong to.
The Coverage inheritance tab enables you to define a coverage hierarchy for predefined contact types.