Enable performance banners to view request and response metrics about your NexJ application.
Performance banners are testing tools that provide detailed information on browser-to-server requests in real time. Use performance banners to debug issues with individual users. Performance banners display in portlets in NexJ CRM, NexJ Admin Console, and NexJ System Admin Console. Each portlet has a color-coded performance banner at the top of its frame that displays metrics associated with each action the portlet performs.
Performance banners are used for application testing and quality assurance. They should not be activated in production environments.
You enable performance banner logging for your NexJ application in NexJ Studio before deploying the application server. After deployment, you enable logging by assigning the ClientPerformanceStatus privilege to individual users in NexJ Admin Console.
To enable performance banners for your NexJ application:
- In the toolbar, click the arrow next to the Set Current Server button and select the environment file you want to enable performance banners for.
- Click the Set Current Server button to access the configuration options for the selected environment file. The environment configurations screen opens.
- Click the Client Platforms tab.
- Select the Performance Status Enabled checkbox.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Performance banners are now enabled for your NexJ application. Even though banner functionality is enabled, you will not be able to see any banners until you enable them for individual users. To disable performance banners, clear the Performance Status Enabled checkbox and redeploy the application server.
After deploying the application server, enable performance banners for specific users in NexJ Admin Console. Then, portlets will display performance metrics at the top of their frames for those users.