View messages for object queues to gain insight into the health of your application's object queue traffic and to pinpoint the source of errors.
The Messages tab on the Object Queues page displays all undelivered messages for a selected object queue.
The Messages tab is divided into the messages list at the top and the Detail area at the bottom. The tab displays the following information:
The date and time the message is scheduled to be delivered.
The number of errors associated with the message.
Identifies a message to which an order of delivery applies. The message will not be delivered until the current message completes successfully or fails completely.
Indicates whether the message is still processing.
Priority of a message for which the Delivery Time has not yet expired.
The name of the message. This name is either defined by the application developer when the object queue was defined in NexJ Studio, or it is generated based on classes, events, and message type.
The ordinal value of the message. Reflects the position of the message in the object queue.
The first queue to which the message was sent. Use this information to when reviewing the default error queue that stores failed messages from the other originating queues.
Indicates the order of operations of messages passing through a queue. A message will not be processed until the preceding message is processed.
The priority of the message. The priority is automatically set to the queue’s priority to which the message is sent. In certain cases, an administrator may set the priority manually to define ordering within a queue.
The queue to which the message has most recently been sent.
Indicates whether the message has acquired any resources or is processing. When true, the message will be recovered following any server failure.
The number of sent messages. Persistent messages are sent once, but may be dispatched more than once.
Indicates whether further updates to this message are allowed.
The state of persistent messages. Persistent messages can be in one of the following states:
The message has exceeded the number of attempts specified in the queue’s errorCount. The message is sent to the error queue and remains in Blocked state until it is resubmitted.
The message is waiting to be transitioned by the dispatcher. Typically, the message needs to be prepared for delivery, or the message needs to be deleted because a worker has completed processing the message.
The dispatcher failed to handle the message. The message will remain in Error state indefinitely.
The message has been created. The message will remain in New state until it is sent on a queue.
The message is being processed by a worker.
The message has been prepared for delivery, but has not yet been handed off to a worker node for processing.
When persistent messages complete successfully they are deleted and have no state.
The name of the user under which the message is being processed or will be processed.
To view messages for an object queue:
- In NexJ System Admin Console, navigate to the Object Queues page.
- Select an object queue from the Object Queues list.
- In the details zone, select the Messages tab. The list of messages for the selected object queue display in the messages list.
- [Optional] To filter the list of messages, enter filter criteria in any of the following fields, then click the Set Filter button .
- In the Message Name field, enter a keyword to use as a filter. Only messages that contain the specified keyword in their name will display in the messages list.
- In the Delivery Time Range fields, specify a start date and end date. Only messages transmitted during the specified date range will display in the messages list. If you do not specify start and end times, the times default to midnight on the specified date.
- In the User field, click the Select button, and select a user in the Select User dialog. Then, click OK.
- In the State drop-down, select a state. For example, select Blocked.
- In the Type drop-down, select a message type.
- [Optional] Click the Refresh button to update the messages list with messages that were delivered since you opened the page.
- Select a message from the messages list.
The selected message's details display in the Detail area.
To view all messages in the messages list again, click the Clear Filter button.