Create a custom field to make the custom field available for users on the Contacts workspace.
To add a custom field to the system:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Custom Fields tab, click the Add Custom Field button .
- Click the Add button at the top of the list, and select a custom field type to define values that the field accepts:
Accepts text values.
Accepts numerical values.
Accepts and formats numerical values using the currency defined when the field is created.
Accepts and formats numerical values into the currency selected by users in NexJ CRM.
Your system must also be configured for currency conversion.
Accepts and formats date values. Users can type a date value or select a date value from a calendar.
Accepts a contact as a value and defines the contact as a relationship in the contact's hierarchy.
- In the Name field, enter a display name for the custom field.
- [Optional] In the Description field, enter a description of the custom field. The description displays on the Contacts workspace.
In the Unit field, select the currency to apply to the field.
The Unit field is only available for currency and convertible currency custom fields. Users cannot change the currency in NexJ CRM.
- Select any of the following checkboxes:
Select to allow users to add only one custom field of this type to a contact.
Allow Quick Pick Only
Select to only allow users to add values to a custom text field that contains quick picks by selecting from a drop-down list. Otherwise, users can also enter a text value in the custom field.
The Allow Quick Pick Only checkbox is only available for text custom field types.
Select to specify that custom relationship fields do not display in a contact's profile, but only as relationships in the contact's hierarchy.
Consider naming the custom field using the title of the position that you want to represent in the relationship hierarchy. For example, for a custom field that represents a lawyer-client relationship, name the field
The Hierarchy Only checkbox is only available for relationship custom field types.
In the Visibility field, define view security for the custom field. Select Public to make the custom field visible to all users, or select a user or group to restrict visibility to that user or group.
You cannot modify view security levels for the custom field after it has been created. If you want to restrict view access to this custom field, you must set it now. The default view setting is Public.
- In the Group field, select a custom field group to define the custom field tab in which the custom field is available on the Contacts workspace.
- In the Contact Types tab, add or remove contact types from the list on the right, which is the list of contact types in which the custom field is available in NexJ CRM. By default, all contact types are selected.
- Click OK.
The Add Custom Field dialog closes.
The custom field is added to the system.