If using NexJ Server, you can consolidate all application logs for a node into a single zipped folder. You can collect logs of all available events on a node or events that occurred during a specific period.
You can also collect application logs for a cluster. Generating application logs at the cluster level creates a separate zipped folder with the application logs for each node in the cluster. The name and location of the zipped folder display in the log of the corresponding node. Application logs for clusters are collected asynchronously.
To collect application logs for a node:
- In NexJ System Admin Console, navigate to the Statistics page.
- In the list in the Statistics area, locate and expand the node for which you want to collect application logs, and select Diagnostics. For example, navigate to:
application_name>/<node_name>/DiagnosticsAvailable commands display in the details area on the bottom right.
- In the details area, click collectApplicationLogs. The Invoke collectApplicationLogs command dialog opens.
- [Optional] If you want to collect logs for a specific period, you can specify the start time and end time.
- Click Invoke. The application log collection executes and the name and location of the zipped folder display in the Result area and the log. If you specified a date and time range, the application log collection will contain all log files modified during specified period and the earliest file modified after the specified end time.
- Click the Close button on the top right corner to close the dialog.
You have collected application logs for a node in a zipped folder.