After you import the lead data, you can review it and match the leads to already existing contacts and leads.
As part of the import, NexJ CRM attempts to match each imported lead to any existing leads and contacts. This provides advisors with a comprehensive view of the specific lead, and helps prevent duplication of information within the system. For each lead you are importing, you can review the suggestions and accept or override them before completing the import.
You also have the option of processing multiple leads at the same time. To do this, see Importing multiple leads at the same time.
To review and match the imported leads:
- Navigate to the Leads workspace and click the Options button in the leads panel.
- Select View Imports.
The Import Processes dialog opens and displays all of the recent lead imports and their state.
- In the Import Processes dialog, locate the import you want to review and complete. The import that you choose should have a status of Waiting on User.
- Click the import you want to work with and then click Open.
A new workspace opens. The list of leads being imported appears on the left of the workspace in the Staged Leads list. Next to each lead is an indicator showing how closely it matches an existing contact or lead, and the import action that will occur when the import of the lead completes.
- In the Staged Leads list, select the lead whose matches you want to review. The details for the lead display in the main area of the workspace. The lead information appears at the top of the workspace, followed by a set of option buttons that allow you to specify the import action. Finally, the Matches tab presents a series of existing leads and contacts that might match the selected lead, if any exist.
- Specify how to process the staged lead by selecting one of the following options:
Create the lead and associate it with an existing lead or contact.
Create new lead
Create the lead without associating with any existing lead or contact in the system.
Discard the lead and do not import it. Leads that are discarded when processed cannot be restored without carrying out the import again.
- If you specified Associate lead, then specify the lead or contact that you want to associate it with.
- In the Matches tab, click the contact or lead that you want to associate your lead with. If you want to associate the lead with a contact who is not displayed on the tab, then click Select Another Match and specify the contact that you want.
- Click Set as Match.
The Match column of the table updates to indicate the selected lead or contact.
You can only match your lead with a single contact or lead.
- After you have selected the contact and leads that you want to match the lead with, click Process Lead.
The lead is imported, and becomes available in the Leads workspace.
When you have completed processing all available the leads, the workspace for the imported lead set closes.
Lead matching logic
When you submit lead data for matching, NexJ CRM uses algorithms to determine which leads data is new and which data is duplicated in NexJ CRM and should be consolidated with an existing lead record.
The following table lists the data fields that are used by NexJ CRM to match imported leads and shows percentages for the quality of the match.
Lead matching data fields and match quality values
|Data field||Match quality value|
Before completing the import process, you will have the opportunity to review the imported lead data, and the match quality value, and to specify how to process staged leads. For example:
- If only the work phone number matches, the match quality is 40%. This is considered a low quality match, so you may choose to create a new lead.
- If an email address, work phone number, and at least one first name or last name match, the match quality is 85%. This is considered a high quality match, so you may choose to associate the imported data with the existing NexJ CRM lead or contact.