Create distribution rules to define how leads will be assigned to advisors.
Each rule contains one or more conditions. Leads meeting these conditions are assigned to the sales representative specified in the rule. Rules can distribute leads according to their market segment, sales concept, and lead score, among other personal and business details.
You must deactivate a rule set before you can add rules to it.
To add a new rule to a rule set:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Lead Management tab, click the Distribution subtab.
- In the Rule Sets list, select the distribution rule set you want to add rules to.
- In the Rules list, click the Add button to add a new distribution rule.
The Add New Rule dialog opens.
- In the Description field, enter a name for the rule and click OK.
The Add New Rule dialog closes.
The new rule is added to the rule set, but is not yet configured to distribute leads.
Edit the distribution rule to specify the conditions that leads must meet and the user that they will be assigned to when the rule set is executed.