Add tasks to stage steps in an opportunity template to create tasks that will always be assigned as part of the stage.
After a user creates an opportunity in NexJ CRM, tasks are assigned to users or a work queue as part of the stage. A user can also add additional tasks to the stage for that specific opportunity.
If the opportunity template has been used to create an opportunity in NexJ CRM and tasks or documents have been created for a stage in the opportunity, then you can no longer add or modify stages steps for that stage. You can view whether an opportunity template has been used in an opportunity by filtering by template on the Opportunities workspace. For more information on filtering opportunities, see .
To add a task to a stage step:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Opportunity Management tab, click the Templates subtab.
- In the templates list, select the opportunity template in which you want to add a stage step.
- In the Stages tab, select the stage in which you want to add a stage step.
- Ensure that the checkbox in the Has Stage Steps column is selected. If the checkbox is not selected, click the Action button and select Edit. In the Edit Opportunity Stage Step dialog, select the Has Stage Steps checkbox and click OK.
- In the Stage Steps tab, click Add, and select Add Task and a task type. The Add Opportunity Stage Step dialog opens.
[Optional] In the Detail tab, in the Description field, modify the task description.
The description field is prepopulated with the description from the task's template.
- In the Status field, select the default status for the task that is assigned to the user. For example, select Outstanding.
- In the Create Date field, select a date to start the task relative to the start date of the stage or of the previous step:
- If you have not defined stage steps for the stage, select a task start date relative to the stage start date. For example, create a reminder to follow up with a prospect by selecting 3 days after start of stage.
- If you have already defined a stage step, specify the task start date relative to previous step. In the Create Date field, select a relative date. In the second field, select either Create date of the previous step or Complete date of the previous step. For example, create a reminder to follow up with a prospect by selecting 3 days after and Complete date of the previous step.
- In the Due Date field, select a due date relative to the date that the task is created. For example, you can select 5 days after Create Date.
- In the Assign Action Item field, select one the following options to specify users to assign the task to:
- Opportunity Owner
Assigns the task to the user who owns the opportunity.
- Coverage Role
Assigns the task to the users who belong to a specified client or opportunity coverage role. To select a coverage role:
- In the first field, select the Client Coverage or Opportunity Coverage role type.
- In the second field, select the user role you want to assign the task to.
- Specific User
Assigns the task to a specific user. To select a user:
- In the Specific User field, click the Select button .The Select User dialog opens.
- Select the user you want to assign the task to.
- Click OK. The Select User dialog closes.
- Work Queue
Assigns the task to an existing work queue. To select a work queue:
- In the Work Queue field, click the Select button . The Select Work Queue dialog opens.
- Select the work queue you want to assign the task to.
- Click OK. The Select Work Queue dialog closes.
- Opportunity Owner
- In the For Contact field, select one the following options to specify the contact to associate the task with:
- Contact in the Opportunity
Associates the task with contacts defined in the opportunity.
- Related Contact
Associates the task with a contact who has a relationship with the contact defined in the opportunity. To specify a related contact:
- In the Related Contact field, click the Select button . The Select Related Contact dialog opens.
- Select the related contact you want to create the task for.
- Click OK. The Select Related Contact dialog closes.
Entity Opportunity Role
Associates the task with contacts from the opportunity who are assigned an opportunity role. To specify which opportunity role to create the task for, select a role from the drop-down list.
A user can specify opportunity roles for contacts when adding or editing opportunities on the Opportunities workspace.
- Contact in the Opportunity
- [Optional] In the Attachments tab, add attachments that you want to include with the task. For more information on adding attachments, see Adding attachments to stage steps.
- Click OK to save the stage step. The Add Opportunity Stage Step dialog closes.
The stage step is added to the stage in the opportunity template.
You can also add attachments to the task.