Add field controls to questions to manage the flow of questions in a page. Field controls allows you to control the properties of questions, such as when a question is shown and what its answer is. By managing the flow of questions in a page, you can control which branch conditions are satisfied in the form flow.
Ensure that you have deactivated the template. You cannot modify active templates.
To add field controls to a question:
- Navigate to the Customize workspace.
- In the Business Processes , Call Management , or Lead Management tab, navigate to the Pages tab, click the Edit button for the page in which you want to add fields controls to a question. The Edit Page dialog opens.
- In the Sections area, select the section in which you want to add a field control to a question. A list of all questions in the section is displayed in the Questions area.
- Click the Action button for the question that you want to add field controls to, then select Edit . The Edit Question dialog opens.
- Click the Field Control tab. The Value, Initialization, Validation, Visibility, and Enablement subtabs are displayed. If the question type is Radio Button or Dropdown Selection, the Filter subtab is also displayed. If Required is selected in the Question tab in the Edit Question dialog or Add Question dialog, the Required subtab is also displayed.
- Click the subtab that corresponds to the property you want to control. The evaluation options and formula editor for the property are displayed.
- In the Formula field, enter the expression that you want to evaluate to control the property.
- Select one of the following options under Evaluate the formula when the user :
- Saves the page , which evaluates the expression only after the user has saved the page.
- Completes all of the referenced questions (default) , which evaluates the expression only after all of the questions referenced in the expression are answered.
- Completes any of the referenced questions , which evaluates the expression as soon as any of the questions referenced in the expression are answered or updated.
- Changes any question , which evaluates the expression as soon as a user modifies a question.
- When validating your expression, you can choose from the following:
- Click Validate to check if your expression contains any syntax errors. If the expression is valid, a green check mark is displayed. If an error is found in the expression, a red X and the cause of the error are displayed.
- Click Validate and Test to open the Validate and Test Formula Test Command dialog where you can run the formula with a test value. Click Run to view the results.
- When you are finished adding field controls, click OK to save your changes to the question. The Edit Question dialog closes.
- Click OK to save your changes to the page. The Edit Page dialog closes.
The field controls are added to the question.